We would like to introduce the booster club and its functions to some of you who might not be aware of what the booster club is responsible for and tries to achieve every year. The Desert Hills Football booster club is a network of individuals (parents, teachers, family members, alumni) who are responsible for fundraising for all aspects of the football program at Desert Hills. Many of you are not aware of the incredible amount of money that is needed every year to keep the football program afloat. The school district does not allocate near enough money to the football program to buy the necessary equipment, uniforms, helmets, etc. that is essential to maintaining a successful and safe program. In addition, many of you may also not be aware that the Football game ticket sales do not go to the football program. The Booster club’s main objective is to come up with creative ways to raise money to keep the football program up and running at Desert Hills High School and provide our players with the most rewarding experience possible during their 4 years in the program. Everything we do at the booster club is for the benefit of our boys and the program as a whole, which makes our job incredibly essential and rewarding at the same time.
We know that everyone’s time is valuable and always in short supply. However, we encourage anyone who can donate a little time to come to one of our monthly meeting to see if they can contribute in any other way. Our last meeting, we had approximately 15 people show up out of the 150 or so football players. There are some exciting things going on and would love to have more participation from the families as it is also a good way to keep informed on all of the events. We are currently working on several fundraisers that we are organizing for this upcoming football season and would also welcome any other fundraising opportunities, if anyone has any ideas.
Below is a list of upcoming fundraisers and important events to prepare our boys and our program for the 2013 football season:
- March 30th – Car Wash and Bake sale Fundraiser - Hilltop Car Wash 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. – Players are required to sign up for a 2 hour shift with Coach Franke and sell at least 5 tickets to the car wash. Players please also bring 12 individually wrapped items for the bake sale and two towels to use for the car wash. We are also in need of Parent volunteers. Please contact Mandy@thunderfamily.com to sign up for a shift.
- May 28th thru May 31st – Thunder football camp
- Jun 3 thru 6 - Youth Thunder football camp
- June 8 - Golf Tournament fundraiser
- June 15 – 7 on 7 Tournament fundraiser in Mesquite
- June 23 thru 27 – SUU Football Camp
** If you know anyone who is interested in the booster club, please respond with their email and we will add them to the list. Also, if you know of any players whose parents are not recieving the booster club emails, please have them contact us at this address or email their information to us. I don't think we have all of the upcoming Freshman information, so any help in getting those email addresses compiled will be greatly appreciated.